cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackUp 7.5.0.3

James_Morrill
Level 3

The documentation says if you haven't upgraded to 7.5 yet - wait for 7.5.0.3.  Does anyone know when that will be available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
28 REPLIES 28

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"The documentation says" .....

Please tell us which documentation? Do you have the URL for us?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

"NetBackup 7.5 Maintenance Release 3 (7.5.0.3), expected to be released in the second quarter of 2012"

TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188688

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not a major issue, either make sure you run the command as suggested, or apply the EEB.

Martin

Marianne
Level 6

I am looking for that 'documentation' that says: 'if you haven't upgraded to 7.5 yet - wait for 7.5.0.3'....

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I checked that document too, I could not find anything that say 'if you haven't upgraded to 7.5 yet - wait for 7.5.0.3' either :)

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Revaroo,

Are you referring to the document mentioned by me?

I replied to actual question, i.e when 7.5.0.3 will be available and quoted that TN (7.5.0.3 is expected to be available in second quarter). And i believe it is not the document OP is referring to.

Thanks....

Marianne
Level 6

Probably some other doc...

Was hoping you Symantec guys would know if such a recommendation was published.
As a reseller/partner we need to know what to say to our customers....

We are over the moon with in-house Accelerator testing and are recommending that to our customers at every opportunity.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Kiran,

Yeah, but the OP has not stated where he saw that comment.

James_Morrill
Level 3
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content id=TECH188991 says: "1. Sites that have not yet upgraded to NetBackup 7.5 should wait until the release of NetBackup 7.5.0.3, then make the following ..." Several of the tech notes mentioned in 7.5 Late Breaking News - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178334&key=15143 say that the solution is in 7.5.0.3, expected to be released in 2nd quarter 2012. I

Marianne
Level 6

The way I read TECH188991 is that customers with Catalog Archiving should wait for 7.5.0.3.

I DO NOT see this as a blanket recommendation to wait.

It is always recommended to read through LBN before upgrading and take note of specific issues as appropriate to customer environment.

James_Morrill
Level 3

I agree - I guess I should have said:

For those of us that the documentation says to wait for 7.5.0.3 - does anyone know when that will be available?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"I have an issue that's due to be addressed with the release of 7.5.0.3 - does anyone know when that will be available?"

Why the 'negativity' here when seeking clarity?

Marianne
Level 6

I see most of us have been marked DOWN! LOL!

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

there - fixed tat for you.

The way you interpret a document, is not reason to mark you down.

svcnbu
Level 3

Can't seem to find where to download it, trying to get the latest mp to test in the lab.

svcnbu
Level 3

Is 7.5.0.4 the latest MP?

Can't seem to find where to download it, trying to get the latest mp to test in the lab.

Marianne
Level 6
7.5.0.1 is the latest available NBU version. I was surprised by all the references to 7.1.0.3 when 7.1.0.2 has not been released yet and since we are already in Q2 2012!

svcnbu
Level 3

OK, good to know, but it scares me that they have articles already mentioning 7.5.0.4 (just google it), is 7.5 really that bad?

I just want to apply the latest fixes and not to worry about known issues cropping up in production.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

7.5.0.2 is, to oversimplify things, the "Appliance version of 7.5.0.1" (which we actually call 2.5).  That's why the next NetBackup maintenance release we keep talking about is 7.5.0.3.

NetBackup 5xxx Appliance Compatibility
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136970

We are not at liberty to speculate on release dates - what usually happens is you find out they've been published before we can make the official announcement - but I think I can safely predict 7.5.0.3 will be out before the end of the month.