Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.1 Deduplication

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Master : Netbackup 7.1

Media server : Netbackup 7.1

I have a query on the recovery of the “Deduplication storage server”. Suppose for any reason the database drive or the backup drive on the deduplication storage server fails/ crashes how can we recover that?

Do we need to take a separate backup of that drives too or what is the recovery procedure in that case? As I gone through the Dedupe guide but I didn’t got the information on this.

Regards,

Rajesh

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6

There's nothing you can do with that, unlike in BackupExec...  Just make sure to export out to tape routinely.  

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

As I see it all images in dedupe repository need to be duplicated to a secondary repository to protect it against the events you mention. Optimized duplication only transfer unique block by the way.

Export to tape is possible in 7.1 - But I would prefer duplication to a other site.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Thanks Teiva & Nicolai for the information.

Actually we have 2 Master NBU domains one in onsite and another in offsie . I have configured replication and the backup images are available at the offsite location . I don't hve any issues on the backup image but if incase anything happens to the onsite server i.e. for the database or for the Backup drive , how to go back to its original state . Even in dedupe guide there is no information with respect to this .

Please let me know if you have any further info with respect to this...

Below are the point which i am thinking with respect to this , i am not sure is this correct method or not ,

schedule the daily backups for Database drive and the Backup drive and move the data to tape . where ever anything happens restore the data from tape.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am assuming you're question is what happen if you loose a repository. A backup image always have a primary version and a number of copy's. When a primary version get damaged you promote a secondary copy to the primary one. 

E.G: bpimage: -npc <copy #> -backupid <backup_id>

I think you can do it from the GUI as well.