cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5.0.3 and Xming

yhbg
Level 4

I recently upgraded from NetBackup Enterprise 6.5.2a to 7.5.0.3.  Using Xming on my windows desktop I am able to launch the admin console successfully.  However, entries in the left pane are not fully functional.  For example, left click to select an item, i.e. TLD(0) work.  I can even right click on this to get the pop up window that lists the two choices available to me:  Inventory Robot and Stop/Restart Media Manager Device Daemon...  The problem is that I am not able to left click either of the two items available to me.  I must use Alt A keys and the arrow down or hot keys I or t to select them and get the pop up window.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to resolve this?  It worked well with version 6.5.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I added this reply to the other java issue by polishpaul by mistake, it was meant to be an respose to your issue.

I believe the issue is due to xming not netbackup.

I have similar issues - jnbSA works fine on the server, but have issues similar to described when using xming, to a PC etc ..

I get similat issue on all versions of NBU, using xming on windows.

xming is not exactly supported, it is 3rd part software and not the fault of Symantec it causes issues - not that you suggested it was of course.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any fix. 

Martin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I added this reply to the other java issue by polishpaul by mistake, it was meant to be an respose to your issue.

I believe the issue is due to xming not netbackup.

I have similar issues - jnbSA works fine on the server, but have issues similar to described when using xming, to a PC etc ..

I get similat issue on all versions of NBU, using xming on windows.

xming is not exactly supported, it is 3rd part software and not the fault of Symantec it causes issues - not that you suggested it was of course.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any fix. 

Martin