cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5 Unable to Backup Windows Webserver \inetsrv\ directory

Kwinter
Level 5

We had a major problem with our production webserver and we could not recover any of the files located on any of our webserver's folder:

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

Does anyone know how to backup a windows server IIS folder:     C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv

Thanks,

Kwinter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you already tried using bpstart_notify script?

client process(bpbkar32.exe) will try to run bpstart_notify placed in appropriate folder. If you want to kick appcmd.exe before backup, write batch file which kicks appcmd.exe and place it as <install_path>\NetBackup\bin\bpstart_notify.<policy_name>.bat.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kwinter
Level 5

I did find out that using the following command:

%systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\APPCMD add backup

will backup the critical files we need, does anyone have any idea to implement this command inside the client backup from NetBackup 7.5?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you already tried using bpstart_notify script?

client process(bpbkar32.exe) will try to run bpstart_notify placed in appropriate folder. If you want to kick appcmd.exe before backup, write batch file which kicks appcmd.exe and place it as <install_path>\NetBackup\bin\bpstart_notify.<policy_name>.bat.

Kwinter
Level 5

Thanks Yasuhisa, that's what I did and it worked great!

I created a backup policy and added all the webservers into and excuted the "bpstart_notify" on this policy to run the APPCMD.exe.

This backup policy was just used to run the APPCMD first then backup the following directory:     C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv