cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7 - Restoring document from GRT SharePoint backup

Kwinter
Level 5

Hi,

We are doing daily GRT backups on our Windows SharePoint.  Today, I have a request to recover a deleted "xlsx" file and I am able to see "the file I want to restore" in the BAR but when I try to restore it, I receive the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------

7/23/2012 11:58:33 AM - begin Restore
7/23/2012 11:58:36 AM - restoring image hdcspwebp01_1342152100
7/23/2012 11:58:46 AM - connecting
7/23/2012 11:58:47 AM - connected; connect time: 00:00:01
7/23/2012 11:59:51 AM - restored image hdcspwebp01_1342152100 - (failed trying to exec a command(29)); restore time 00:01:15
7/23/2012 11:59:55 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=5588) client restore EXIT STATUS 29: failed trying to exec a command  
7/23/2012 11:59:57 AM - end Restore; elapsed time: 00:01:24
the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)

--------------------------------------------------------

I am doing this restore from hdcspwebp01 and I did "right clicked" on the BAR and did "run as administrator".

Also, I verified the backup file existences:  hdcspwebp01_1342152100

I know SP restores are tricky, any ideas?

Thanks,

--Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kwinter
Level 5

Found the problem and I didn't know before going thru with Symantec Engineer; in our environment we have the sharepoint application server (hdcspwebp01) and the database server for sharepoint where everything is kept.  But this database server is in a cluster.

One cluster has NFS server installed on it and Portmap configured ( sc config portmap start =auto ).

The other me member of the database cluster was not configured (installed) for "NFS server".  So I did and added the command for PortMap (which is what NetBackup uses).... and it worked.

Thank you speedfreak for your help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kwinter
Level 5

I did use the:  "SharePoint Redirection"

and "Individual SharePoint sites, documentes, lists or items"

\\server\share

\folder

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Presuming below steps are followed

You have successful GRT backup !!!

Logged in to Target system where file is to be restored

Run BAR as administrator

Set NetBackup Client setting from file (source, backup server, and destination)

Browse through the files and select the desired one

Action-Restore

Instead of SharePoint redirection, You can simply specify the local as you already specified alternate location above (see highlighted)

Try this if it helps

Kwinter
Level 5

it gave me the following error:

operation requested by an invalid server(37)

Wierd?

Kwinter
Level 5

I have uploaded the restore screen shot.  Not sure it this will help.

Kwinter
Level 5

Here are the screen shots of the General & SharePoint tabs for this restore.

Kwinter
Level 5

Found the problem and I didn't know before going thru with Symantec Engineer; in our environment we have the sharepoint application server (hdcspwebp01) and the database server for sharepoint where everything is kept.  But this database server is in a cluster.

One cluster has NFS server installed on it and Portmap configured ( sc config portmap start =auto ).

The other me member of the database cluster was not configured (installed) for "NFS server".  So I did and added the command for PortMap (which is what NetBackup uses).... and it worked.

Thank you speedfreak for your help!