cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup SNMP alert

Brits
Level 6

Hi Team, 

Below link provides the snmp MIBs location. is this MIB for the backup failure alerts of master server or is it only for opscenter server alerts ?

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH77322.html

My purpose is to get the MIB's of Netbackup , so that it can be used to configure the backup failure , device failure , or any other failure alert.

or any other suggestion to configure SNMP alert would be really helpful.

Monitorinng tool is HP sitescope.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

NetBackup Server and NetBackup Client do not have MIBs, because these 'applications' do not send SNMP alerts.

NetBackup OpsCenter has MIBs, and so do NetBackup Appliances, as both of these are capable of sending SNMP alerts.

Your link is for NetBackup OpsCenter only.

The MIBs for Appliances can be extracted/shown from the CLIsh on an appliance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdo

NetBackup Server and NetBackup Client do not have MIBs, because these 'applications' do not send SNMP alerts.

NetBackup OpsCenter has MIBs, and so do NetBackup Appliances, as both of these are capable of sending SNMP alerts.

Your link is for NetBackup OpsCenter only.

The MIBs for Appliances can be extracted/shown from the CLIsh on an appliance.

Brits
Level 6

ok SDO. 

then what are the possibilities I have to configure SNMP alerts of backup failures ?

sdo

Does 'HP Sitescope' have a client/agent that you can install, which also has a CLI tool for raising/sending SNMP alerts?

If so, then you could amend 'backup_exit_notify' to use the HP Sitescope CLI tool to send/raise alerts.  But you won't have a MIB - so hopefully, if the CLI tool exists, you will have switches and options to help you set the various 'fields' and 'bits' of an SNMP alert, so that you can then create a configuration filter within the HP Sitescope server application to understand your alerts.

Brits
Level 6

I will check and revert.

thnx a lot .