cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup email notifications "send as"

rustypeterson
Level 3

I have been trying to configure my NetBackup 7.1 Unix server to send email notifications and have encountered a roadblock.

The notifications get sent out as root@servername.domain.ds (.ds being the domain extension we use inhouse rather than .com). The problem here is that we are using a hosted exchange server and .ds is NOT internet routable, so the messages do not get received.

I have heard that /etc/mail/sendmail.mc can be configured to show .domain.com but have been unsuccessful in this. I was wondering if there were a way to configure the notifications to be sent from a specific addresss such as netbackup@domain.com. Obviously this would be a non-reply address and those receiving the notifications would know not to reply.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I haven't administered sendmail for, like, a million years but what you want to do is set up masquerading - a MASQUERADE_AS line, I think?  I believe there's a few ways to do it, but Google "sendmail masquerade" and you should get headed in the right direction about how to configure it.

rustypeterson
Level 3

I did google masquerade sendmail and found the suggested changes, but that did not work. That is why I was hoping there might be a way to actually configure a "send as" address. Seems strange that that feature would not be available.