Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup on CentOS

matias_martini
Level 3
Partner

Hi!

I was reading the NB compatibility list, checking if I can install NetBackup 7.6.1 Master on a CentOS 7 server.

According to what I read, NB isn't compatible, but I want to be sure.

There's no chance to do this? If RHEL is compatible, why CenOS isn't?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tgray21
Level 3

Well, you more than likely CAN do it, but support would never be able to escalate any cases that you had, and might flat out deny you support for having an unsupported configuration... It is personally a risk I wouldn't want to take...

As for why Master server role is not supported, but Media server is, I'm not to sure about that.  Might be best to open a case to see if they plan on added support for it in the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tgray21
Level 3

Well, you more than likely CAN do it, but support would never be able to escalate any cases that you had, and might flat out deny you support for having an unsupported configuration... It is personally a risk I wouldn't want to take...

As for why Master server role is not supported, but Media server is, I'm not to sure about that.  Might be best to open a case to see if they plan on added support for it in the future.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If CentOS was 100% the same as Redhat, it would've been called Redhat. If you want supported master server OS, stick to what is in NBU Compatibility Guide.

matias_martini
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for your answers.

I'll install it anyway in that CentOS just on the testing enviroment, and when we migrate it to production, we're going to install it on RHEL.