cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup v6 Backup Jobs run when not scheduled

Ahmed_Hassan
Not applicable

Recently upgraded fromr NetBackup v5 MP5 to NetBackup v6 MP6 and the process seemed to gone well.

But of late I have noticed that most of my backup jobs run when they have not been scheduled to do so.

For example,  my "Weekly" backup jobs are not scheduled to run on the last Friday of the month but they do run. Similary, my "Monthly" backup jobs are scheduled to run only on the last Friday of the month but they also try on any Friday. Basically the scheduler seemed to have gone wild. Any ideas as to how I can fix this problem? Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Dion
Level 6
Certified

Had the same problem for ages and couldn't get it resolved by making changes to retensions etc (hoping that the precedence rules would kick in).  I was running my weekly fulls on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Friday of each month and the monthly fulls on the last Friday of every month.  On a conflicting Friday (e.g 4th Friday was also the last Friday of the month), weekly and monthly jobs would run randomly ending up in a mixed (and sometimes duplicated) bag of weeklies and monthlies.

This was the response from Veritas

"This is by design for a calendar based schedule and if you want to prevent the Weekly_Full for running you will need to create an exlude date for that calendar based schedule.

Another option is to change the calendar based schedule to a frequency based schedule.  This enables frequency  to determine the schedule priority. The schedule with the longest frequency will get chosen. If multiple schedules become due at the same time and have the same frequency, the schedule that gets run is chosen alphabetically."

I landed up creating an exclusion list for each of my weekly backup schedules up to the end of 2014.  Not sure why it worked in NetBackup 5.

Cheers