cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.3.1 Backup Schedules query

EMcNeill
Level 3
I have several database policies which run daily full backups. However on the last Friday of each month a calendar based schedule is also configured to run. This end of month backup is retained for archiving purposes. Within each database policy I have a 'Daily_Full' and a 'Monthly_Full' schedules specified. My question is: - On the last Friday of the month, what schedule will run for each policy. Will the both schedules try to run or does a calandar shcedule take priority of Netbackup sees there are two schedules configured for a given policy...Hope this makes sense !.
2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Symantec recommend that frequency & calendar based schedules are not mixed in a policy - but we do & have not had any scheduling issues.

We have daily frequency based incrementals & monthly calendar based fulls.

If you have any concern over which one is likely to run, set your monthly full backup window to start a few minutes earlier than your frequency based fulls.

There are some T/Ns or other docs out there that may clarify this, but I can't find them at the mo - will post them if I find them!

***EDIT***
Additionally you could exclude the dates that the monthly saves run from the daily schedules - altho' this can be a bit of a pain.

EMcNeill
Level 3
Thanks Andy,
I should have done this before but I ran a client backup report on the date of our last calandar (Monthly Full backup) and it was only the monthly full schedules that were reported for that weekend. It would suggest that the this schedule is used as it has the longest gap between the last successful backup. Or perhaps calendar schedules take priority by design.

I guess I'll suck it and see when the end of month backup comes round this month.

Cheers
Euan