cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.1 MS SharePoint 2010 error 114

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi all, I have a problem in a backup job of Sharepoint 2010;

I have a master server win2003 SP2, sharepoint frontend server win2008 R2 and backend server SQL win2008 R2, I did has all steps on link below,

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ko/articles/howto-take-sharepoint-backup 

But when run job it runs about two minutes and stop on this error 

unimplemented error code 114(114)

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

My problem was solved with fix NBU 7.1.0.4.

Thanks for all.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi VB,

Check this TechNote out and see if the permissions issue it describes may apply to you:

NetBackup for Microsoft SharePoint backup fails with Status Codes 114 and "-536836945: invalid error number" in the Activity Monitor.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH129540

Good luck!

PS  Your linked article above doesn't appear to be correct (some garbage characters on the end of the URL?) I tried looking it up and got "page not found" errors.  I'm assuming it was this one:
 https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/howto-take-sharepoint-backup

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi Chris, thank you for your answer, but I'm still problem, put account again and verify if it's correct but nothing change with status, same error occurred.

I try to restart my SQL server too, but same error.

Thanks.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

I'm trying to resolve my issue and now running backup from client BAR GUI, create log bpbkar on client, it is  on attached file, if can anybody help me, I'm so thanks.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are you trying GRT based backup

and is your Master server also a Media Server. If so Kindly upgrade OS to windows 2003 R2 or higher. As for GRT NBU relies on NFS services which were introduced from Windows 2003 R2

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

also create BEDS dir under logs in front end server and post the output

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

No speedfreak, I'm not trying to use GRT based backup.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

can we have BEDS logs from front end server.. also is MOSS upgraded to SP1 . check if so get NBU upgraded to 7.1.0.3 as SP1 has got starting support from this release

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hello speedfreak, I created BEDS dir under log folder, but nothing appear on it after run job.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

hello speedfreak, I didn't understand you.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SPSwrappers are logged in BEDS.. It should be logged there.. What version of MOSS with Service pack and NBU you have

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

oops. It went long to look at logs.

Let me make is clear to ensure you have all things in place.

User account which you are using with SharePoint policy, is it SharePoint farm admin as well?

Check network registry from Front end server to back end server with account u use Network registry must work if it isn't, there is permission issue.

Logon account must be member of local admin as well . Must have “Replace process level token” rights from local security.

I found below errors from logs.. which looks suspicious from MOSS end

unable to find first file: 'Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\SharePoint Foundation Search\Search instance\Index files 1 (USCSPAPP1/b98f3446-8388-4982-85da-bb2c8c703877)\GatherLogs\'

13:30:20.875: [5232.4752] <2> ov_log::V_GlobalLog: ERR - v_sharepoint_v2::V_FindFirstObj():FS_FindFirstObj() Failed! 0xE00084AF:The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Check with MOSS admin, if he is able to back it up from SharePoint itself. Check what evenr viewer says during backups

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

I checked about user account, everything is ok, user account is local admin on two servers (front and back end SQL). 

I don't know what is MOSS. Can you explain this?

My NBU is 7.1 on master server and all of clients.

Thanks.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) :)

Presuming account you use has all the required rights as mentioned in my previous post

You are able to see and browse through all the SharePoint resources from Backup archive and Restore GUI from Front End server (logged in using same service account)

Also did you validated Network Registry access from Front server to back end server

From Front end server open Regedit with administrative privileges

File=> Connect to network registry and provide your SQL server name

check if it is getting connected and you are able to expand both HKLM and HKLU

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi Speedfreak, I managed to connect to network registry from fron end server to sql back end server with account used in my case.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you tried performing backup via SharePoint with same account

What does event viewer says during backup

Create dummy policy (no backup selection, only clients, and keep it in deactivated state)

include all servers in sharepoint farm as clients and keep it deactivated

Create another SharePoint policy and check

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

- Yes I've tried to performing backup via sharepoint with this account and running ok;

- Nothing showed in event viewer, jus information events;

What you want to speak of dummy policie?

Thanks.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Anybody has another comment for my issue?

Thanks.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you logged case with support on this. 

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do revert with outcome . so might be others can get reference to yours as solution