Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6.1 client binaries

MG1989
Level 3
Certified

Hi All,

Observed the 7.6.1 client binaries downloaded from symantec file connect having not all client binaries.

The download contain two files NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz & NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2.tar.gz.  Even if we extract individually or join and extract also not resulting all client binaries in the directories.

Anyone used 7.6.1 clinet binaries, please share your ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

7.6.1 CLIENTS.tar.gz files are not joined! 

==================

NetBackup 7.x contents

UNIX clients 1
■ AIX
■ FreeBSD
■ HP PA-RISC and IA64
■ Mac
■ Solaris SPARC and X86

UNIX clients 2
■ All Linux platforms

==================

7.6.1.1-tar_split.Xof3 files are.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH226944

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What do you mean by "not all" the binaries? Which ones are you looking for?

Will_Restore
Level 6

7.6.1 CLIENTS.tar.gz files are not joined! 

==================

NetBackup 7.x contents

UNIX clients 1
■ AIX
■ FreeBSD
■ HP PA-RISC and IA64
■ Mac
■ Solaris SPARC and X86

UNIX clients 2
■ All Linux platforms

==================

7.6.1.1-tar_split.Xof3 files are.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH226944

Marianne
Level 6
Curious to know which Client files you are looking for and cannot find? The only supported Client binaries that are not in Client1 or Client2 downloads are the Windows client files. That you will find in the same download as the Windows server download.

MG1989
Level 3
Certified

Hi Marianne, I'm looking for Solaris,Linux, AIX binaries in the Unix Client packages.

After I extract both the tar.gz files from the veritas site i dont see any data under the respective client directories we usually see. Example below.

Client 1 tar:

Client2 tar:

# ls NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/*/*
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/Debian2.6.18:
.sizes  tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6.18:
.sizes  tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/SuSE2.6.16:
.sizes    nbcheck   nbj.conf  tar       version

# ls NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/*
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/HP-UX-IA64:
HP-UX11.31

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/INTEL:
FreeBSD6.0

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/MACINTOSH:
MacOSX10.6

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000:
AIX6

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris:
Solaris10          Solaris_x86_10_64
#
# ls NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/*/*
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/HP-UX-IA64/HP-UX11.31:
tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/INTEL/FreeBSD6.0:
.sizes   nbcheck  tar      version

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/MACINTOSH/MacOSX10.6:
tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000/AIX6:
.sizes         JRE.tar.gz     client_config  extract_java   installpbx     nbj.conf       ssh_to_client  version
.sizes_JRE     PBX.tar.gz     cp_to_client   ftp_to_client  nbcheck        pdinstall      tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris10:

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris_x86_10_64:

MG1989
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Yes I did not see any issues with 7.6.1.2 splits which i was able to combine. Only when  I untar the client binaries seperatly i see them not available other than AIX.

# ls NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/*/*
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/HP-UX-IA64/HP-UX11.31:
tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/INTEL/FreeBSD6.0:

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/MACINTOSH/MacOSX10.6:
tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/RS6000/AIX6:
.sizes         JRE.tar.gz     client_config  extract_java   installpbx     nbj.conf       ssh_to_client  version
.sizes_JRE     PBX.tar.gz     cp_to_client   ftp_to_client  nbcheck        pdinstall      tar

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris10:

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris_x86_10_64:

Also when I try to install other client packages on master for push it does not work.

Choose the Platform Client Options you wish to install.

Platform Client Options
        -----------------------
         1. Linux
         2. All listed UNIX client platforms
         q. quit selecting

Enter Choice(s) [1 - 2] 1

Linux

Enter Choice(s) [1 - 2] 1

Linux Linux

Enter Choice(s) [1 - 2]

Also when I try to 

Marianne
Level 6
As per Will's post - Solaris and Aix are in Clients1 download. All Linux Clients are in Clients2 download. If you have confirmed download size and checksum, they will all be there. Unzip and untar, then run install from the top of the folder to either install on the client or to update client binaries on the master.

VerJD
Level 4
Employee

Hello MG1989...

First, FileConnect is a deprecated site and has been Decommissioned, though it still may work. Please download your software binaries via the MyVeritas web portal in the Licensing section. If you have issues accessing these files, please contact our Licensing department to ensure you have been granted access to the necessary versions of the install softare.

Additionally...

1. Please make sure you are downloading these files and checking the file size matches.

NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz    2.3 GB
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2.tar.gz    1.5 GB

2. Check the NetBackup_7.6.1_Download_README-Info.txt for the MD5 to make sure they match:

-----------------------------------------
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz
[MD5: 4bf4822eeaaf48a596b10cad2bd69da8] [SHA1: 04a8f8e4e1be1a90c74130a6ee7c0c5dc1764d07]
NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2.tar.gz
[MD5: 4d93de742a97bb3a09d6a668aba7d2ac] [SHA1: b9a839a5e4d32d2a0ca64f6e62c38c623e89a170]

JD | Veritas NetBackup Support

Where is the doc or link that says which Linux clients are in which file. The info should be in the readme (its not). I don't want to download a 2GB file if I don't have to.

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

This is an old post but NetBackup media contents are in the Installation Guide under "About the NetBackup media kit". The docs refer to DVD Media which are rare these days but the Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) images (i.e. downloads from https://my.veritas.com) have the same contents in tar or zip files.

You will need to download full media but you can remotely install or run the installer locally from a fileshare if space is limited on specific clients. Also sizes of installed binaries are in the Release Notes.

BR Andrew