cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6 - Cannot delete from diskpool

amphet
Not applicable

Hi,

I need to delete some image on a diskpool (who will be deleted after) so i list image contains with this command :

bpimmedia -L -stype DiskPool -dp "mydispoolname"

From here i have a complete list of image on this pool (example below) :

Backup-ID          Policy                 On Hold Indexing    ScheduleType
Copy  Frag  Expires                   DiskType             DiskPoolName              DiskVolume                StorageServerName    On Hold
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mutdag001.hebergemen CFI-EXCH-MBX         0       0           FULL
1     1     1432918241                DiskPool             DCRCVXNAS003POL002        O:\                       dcrcvxsrpbck003.shd. 0      
1     2     1432918241                DiskPool             DCRCVXNAS003POL002        O:\                       dcrcvxsrpbck003.shd. 0      
1     3     1432918241                DiskPool             DCRCVXNAS003POL002        O:\                       dcrcvxsrpbck003.shd. 0      
1     4     1432918241                DiskPool             DCRCVXNAS003POL002        O:\                       dcrcvxsrpbck003.shd. 0     

But when i try to delete those image (command below), the command returns this :

bpexpdate -M dcrsrvbck001 -notimmediate -force -d 0 -copy 1 -backupid ‘mutdag001.hebergemen’

an invalid entry was encountered

I tried with the full backupid (whos my client name) same result.

Any help would be appreciate.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Try again but post up the admin log (directory must exist first under netbackup\logs\).

Also try the command with out the quotes ' ' around the image name.

View solution in original post

Born2rise
Level 4
If you are using SLP for the backup and replicating the backup image to remote master server after backup. Then first check is there any pending operation in SLP for corresponding backup id, if yes then you would not be able to expire backup image util SLP complete its pending operation or you need to manually cancel the SLP pending operation of correding to backup id

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Backupid does not look right : bpexpdate -M dcrsrvbck001 -notimmediate -force -d 0 -copy 1 -backupid ‘mutdag001.hebergemen’

The -L flag causes NBU to truncate the backup id

bpimmedia -L -stype PureDisk

Backup-ID          Policy                 On Hold Indexing    ScheduleType
Copy  Frag  Expires                   DiskType             DiskPoolName              DiskVolume                StorageServerName    On Hold
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nnitbcktest04.ad.my WFS_AC_SILVER   0       0           FULL
1     -1    1428911031                PureDisk             stu_msdp_ural             PureDiskVolume            ural                 0
1     1     1428911031                PureDisk             stu_msdp_ural             PureDiskVolume            ural                 0

bpimmedia  -stype PureDisk
IMAGE nnitbcktest04.ad.nss.nnit.com nnitbcktest04.ad.my.company.com_1427096631 WFS_AC_SILVER 13 0  0 0
FRAG 1 -1 1428911031 6 stu_msdp_ural PureDiskVolume ural 0

The right format for backup id is "hostname_{backup time}". The backup time is in EPOCH value.

4 REPLIES 4

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Try again but post up the admin log (directory must exist first under netbackup\logs\).

Also try the command with out the quotes ' ' around the image name.

Born2rise
Level 4
If you are using SLP for the backup and replicating the backup image to remote master server after backup. Then first check is there any pending operation in SLP for corresponding backup id, if yes then you would not be able to expire backup image util SLP complete its pending operation or you need to manually cancel the SLP pending operation of correding to backup id

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Backupid does not look right : bpexpdate -M dcrsrvbck001 -notimmediate -force -d 0 -copy 1 -backupid ‘mutdag001.hebergemen’

The -L flag causes NBU to truncate the backup id

bpimmedia -L -stype PureDisk

Backup-ID          Policy                 On Hold Indexing    ScheduleType
Copy  Frag  Expires                   DiskType             DiskPoolName              DiskVolume                StorageServerName    On Hold
nnitbcktest04.ad.my WFS_AC_SILVER   0       0           FULL
1     -1    1428911031                PureDisk             stu_msdp_ural             PureDiskVolume            ural                 0
1     1     1428911031                PureDisk             stu_msdp_ural             PureDiskVolume            ural                 0

bpimmedia  -stype PureDisk
IMAGE nnitbcktest04.ad.nss.nnit.com nnitbcktest04.ad.my.company.com_1427096631 WFS_AC_SILVER 13 0  0 0
FRAG 1 -1 1428911031 6 stu_msdp_ural PureDiskVolume ural 0

The right format for backup id is "hostname_{backup time}". The backup time is in EPOCH value.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Also, do not surround the backup ID with single quotes.