cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup AIR Replication

daljeet662
Level 2

Hi,

We are implementing Netbackup (1 master server as VM and 6 media servers as Physical) in DR site. Now we need to setup a AIR replication between two different domains. We have similar setup in Production DC as well.

Please can anyone tell me how can we move  the replicated data (Catalog+backup) from DR site to Primary site in different domain in case of disaster or master server down in Primary DC ?

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @daljeet662 

If I understand your question, what you need to do is familiarise yourself with the nbreplicate command which can be used to perform reverse AIR (i.e. push backup data back to the original site). 

There have been plenty of discussions on the nbreplicate function and a number of technotes, so search for these.

David

DPFreelance
Level 4

I believe there's a manual for AIR, have you read through that yet?

Setting up AIR was pretty straightforward when I tried it several years ago; just follow the instructions and it should work!

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

@daljeet662 what is the storage that you are going to use to perform the backup and replication??

For AIR to work - the storage servers at the source and target domains must support Open Storage version 11 and provide plugins to make use of  the replication to remote master functionality.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100005299

we are using hp storeonce as backup target and OST storage.