cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup BMR issue on RHEL

Hentaism
Not applicable
Hi all,

Would like some kind advices on my current problem which I'd like to share as below:

Initial setup for me, was a netbackup 6.5 enterprise server with BMR installed, and v6.5 clients + db2 agent installed onto client servers.
Tried setting up SRT but failed due to incompatibility to the server OS (RHEL 5.3).
Have upgraded to version 6.5.4 recently and SRT was able to set up after the upgrade.

Now comes the problem, after bmrsrtadm has been run without errors, I've encountered an error while using the java GUI to 'prepare to discover' one of my remote client server which has been patched to the same version as the main server. Below is the message I've gotten:

V-126-3 'bmrprep' could not complete the requested operation.
The SRT could not be shared by the Boot Server Hosting it.
Please verify that the required configuration in the Boot Server is correct.
The nfs daemons and configurations files need to be properly working for this operation to work.
Cleaning up, please wait...

Honestly its a first time set up thingy for me on this, so would appreciate if anyone here has any advice(s) regarding this, many thanks~!
2 REPLIES 2

AmolV
Level 5
Hi,

Please check the following daemons:
1. tftpd
2. dhcpd
3. NFS.

You could also crank up the logging level in nblog.conf to 6 and check the log of bmrprep (OID=126) for hints on what failed.

Hoping I am not too late.
~Amol.

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

which SO R installed ??