cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup DLO scheduled backup does not run if agent computers aren't login

John_Hui
Level 2
I was told that Netbackup DLO scheduled backup only runs when the agent computers are log in. I was told this is by design. I can't imagine that. We need to be able to run scheduled backup after hour when users are logged out. Going into Scheduled Tasks on every one of our clients (over 6000) Windows XP computer will not work. Even if it works, the scheduled backup on the following day will check it back to 'run only if log on'. There got to be a way to enable schedule backup any time of the day with computers either log in or not.

Setting the backup every time a user log out will not work as people can log out during office hour.

Please help,

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

zippy
Level 6
John,

It only works when users are logged in to the Network. This option is used to backup Laptops that are "mobile", when they come back home to your network they are logged in and then data the data is backed up to the network, in our case we make all the user junk go to the NAS, then the NAS or NDMP backup.

Can you imagine backn up a Laptop that has gigs of info over a wireless connection. Can you say Oww Oww Owwwwch....

It does make the execs happy that they can have their data back when their drive goes south.

JD

John_Hui
Level 2
Hi James. Thanks for the reply. For whatever reason, our management haven't committed to backup our desktop computers to NAS for the mean time. We don't run any wireless on our laptops and we put caps on backup. So we don't have those concerns. Are there any way to a scheduled backup can run when agent computers are logged in?

Thanks.