cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Diskstaging

suryadevarauday
Level 4

Hi Experts,

I want to implement Disk staging in Netbackp 6.0 on SUSE linux Ent 10. But we have a test environment with out the Tape drives(TLD's) so we want to take backup's on Disks only.

We are trying to implement this Scenerao:

we have two HDD's sda, sdb we want to use the sda as disk-staging and need to schedule backup of this Disk-staging to a permanent backup location sdb HDD.

Is the Disk staging possible with out TLD's?

Regards,

Surya.

4 REPLIES 4

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Yes just configure an STU to use the file system you want this is better know has Disk Staging Unit, the only difference with tape will be that instead of bptm netbackup will run bpdm.

suryadevarauday
Level 4

hi Omer,

can You please provide a brief description about this?

suryadevarauday
Level 4

When i try to create a a new Disk for diskstaging from a "Storage Units" on the left hand side.

I right click on this and create a new storage unit and mounted the partition on /mnt/media and 

No Ondemand option,

then i click on strorage unit type "DISK"

Disk type--> basic disk 

Media server -->same host name

Aboslutepath--> /mnt/media

and check the option " this directory can exist on root file system"

then i can see only apply, ok ,help and cancel buttons i cant see the "Enable temporary staging area. Copy the data to its final destination according to its staging schecule" check box.

Do i need to configure any thing to see this check button? In my scenerao i am using two HDD's one for diskstaging and other for Disk backup not tapes. So please help me with this.

Regards,
Surya

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Do you need a temp staging area? if not I think your are done, now you only need to configure your policies to use this Disk STU.