cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.2A issue

Blazer_2
Level 3

Dear All,

Is most problems found could be resolved in Netbackup 6.5.2 if i upgrade to 6.5.2A ? Since I have been upset by my netbackup version (6.5.2 ) like scheduler problem, missing of scheduled backup job, backup time window closed failure.......etc. I loss my daily backup frequently once i start to use it.

Blazer

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

@blaZer wrote:

Is most problems found could be resolved in Netbackup 6.5.2 if i upgrade to 6.5.2A ? Since

No, 6.5.2A will not fix your problems, sorry.

Most likely if you are experiencing scheduling issues, you will need to open a support case and request a replacement nbpem binary.  It will really speed things along with support if you already know which Etrack to reference before you open your case.  Here is the Late Breaking News for 6.5.2 TechNote which lists most of the common problems seen under 6.5.2:

Late Breaking News (LBN) bulletin for NetBackup 6.5.2. (Updated October 27, 2008)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/307880

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I tried nbpem v6.5.2A patch "4th edition" a few weeks ago - and it wouldn't even start - crashed immediately!  Got fed up with Symantec Support so left it, and closed the case.

Now getting more critical with 500+ jobs failing each night - several times!!!   Opened a new case, and will be trying nbpem "5th edition" in the next few days - hopefully.