cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Error 297 and more

NiklasV
Level 4

Hi, i recently started at a company and had to take over the Netbackup role. Never used this product before but well they wanted me to take over so im trying my best here.

The issue is that our robot decided to get the error 297 and i understood by reading that the solution is quite simple, remove the disc and readd it.

The issue is i followed some instuction that said i should go to
NetBackup Administration Console > Media and Device managment > Devices > Drives and remove it from there and readd it

The issue is that in Media and Device management the robot doesnt find the Device anymore and i have no clue how to readd it

Any tips?

If you need certain information give me a poke and i will look if i can find the correct information

Version 7.5 on Netbackup

Server 2003

Regards Niklas

25 REPLIES 25

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Nop - not stupid, but I too will have to Google for the answer...

Found this in the NBU HCL:

IBM Tape Driver Support
The latest version of the IBM tape device driver package that has been tested with NetBackup is listed below. Using the version listed here is recommended, but older versions of the tape drivers are also supported and may work well. There is no need to upgrade the tape driver if the configuration is working properly. Upgrading to the version listed here may be necessary if implementing the latest model tape drives or if problems are encountered that have been addressed by the driver provider.

If using the IBM Windows Tape Device Drivers be sure to choose the install_nonexclusive.exe executable.
This option permits a tape drive to be accessed by multiple processes on a Media Server, which is a requirement for NetBackup.

NetBackup requires the IBM Data Path Failover feature to be disabled on the IBM tape device driver. To disable this feature, open the reg folder of the IBM driver package, double-click DisableDPF.reg, and reboot the system.
- IBMTape driver level 6.2.3.8 tested on Windows

NiklasV
Level 4

Getting
program stopped due to error(s)
if debug flag was set, Check debut.txt for details

Going on Lunch now, my next step will be to try to restart the server then try again. will look into this error message also after lunch

NiklasV
Level 4

same issue after reboot of the server

Tried to install with -t also ( only tapedrivers ) same error message i assume it might have something to do with my access

i will email my supervisor to see if its my access or something else so i hope i get an answer today or tomorrow

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to be Local Administrator on the the backup server.

We can unfortunately not assist with IBM driver installation.

NiklasV
Level 4

Ok, we followed the updates and reinstalled only the tape driver since i got Unused Element again, now it shows like it should show.

so we are trying to start one backup now and i will update when its done since it seems to be working now.
I will update later today ( i dont think the backup will finish today ) Else im back during Monday so i can update and hopefully close this thread :)

NiklasV
Level 4

Couldn't log in yesterday but the backups finally work now! only issue is that one of our replacement drives that came in last week broke down again but this is not a software issue anymore!

Cheers Marianne and  mph for the help

i will mark one of the answer as a solution and then we can close this thread.

Thanks for everything

///Niklas