cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Policy

KSP
Level 2
Certified

How to check policy details like schedule, client name and backup selection of the policy which got deleted??

Master server is HP-Ux and netbackup version is 7.1.0.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

That path is where all your policy information is held, so you will need to restore the one that's missing.

Open up a Backup,Archive & Restore GUI.

Choose your master server as source, destination etc and NBU-Catalog as the policy type for restore.

In the GUI navigate to that area, select the policy that was deleted & restore - it may require a refresh or restart of the Admin Console to see it 're-appear'

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Best bet would probably be to restore it from a Catalog backup - /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/policy_name

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

>> How to check policy details like schedule, client name and backup selection of the policy which got deleted??

So you want to check something that is not there any more (deleted)???

Best way is to restore it (see Andys post above).

Question - why do you want to check this information if you had the need to delete it?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Maybe [someone] didn't mean to delete it & needed details to reinstate it - done this myself before I realised I could restore same from Catalog (which I've also done subsequently, damn thumbs!)

KSP
Level 2
Certified

Hello Andy,

Could you please elaborate in the point "restore it from a Catalog backup - /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/policy_name"

just by going into this path in master server i will get the details?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

That path is where all your policy information is held, so you will need to restore the one that's missing.

Open up a Backup,Archive & Restore GUI.

Choose your master server as source, destination etc and NBU-Catalog as the policy type for restore.

In the GUI navigate to that area, select the policy that was deleted & restore - it may require a refresh or restart of the Admin Console to see it 're-appear'