cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup catalog backup is failing with- 28 - failed trying to fork a process.

ESM_administrat
Level 3

Hello folks,

My catalog backups are failing with - Netbackup catalog backup is failing with- 28 - failed trying to fork a process.

The following thread is helpful as it indicates that HP-UX patch PHKL_37455patch fixes the problem.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/status-code-28-failed-trying-fork-process-nbu-651-hp-...

However my HPUX version is 11.11 and the suggested fix above is for HPUX 11.31.

Is anyone else here on the same boat as I ... any possible suggestions to fix the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This sound to me like to are missing the kernel tuning parameter as recommended in the Netbackup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide".

See chapter 10:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/307083.pdf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This error is indeed very unusual. Seems your only option is to log a support call with both Symantec and HP (similar to what the poster did in the thread that you found).

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This sound to me like to are missing the kernel tuning parameter as recommended in the Netbackup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide".

See chapter 10:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/307083.pdf