cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client 5.1 restore problems with NT client

KDOG1122
Level 4
Running Windows 2003 R2 on 3 servers 1 master 2 media. I'm having issues trying to restore a client running windows NT 4.0 server (5.1 Netbackup client). When I try to conduct a restore I get the following error:
Netbackup Message:
WARNING: server (master server name) does not contain any backups for the client (client name) using the specified polic type (MS-Windows_NT) as requested by client (client name).
This error occurs when conducting the restore from the master server and the client. We have also tried to re-install the client software on the client. The client is part of a Netbackup policy that is backing up data successfully on a regular basis, full and incremental backups are running successfully.  We are able to see specific details on the job status report (current files written, current kilobytes, current files). This has been going on for an unknown period of time, we just became aware of the situation.
8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Have you checked you have selected the correct option under the "Select for Restore" drop down menu? eg: "Restore from Normal Backup ..." or "Restore from etc etc etc ..." ?

KDOG1122
Level 4
Hi Andy,
I have tried all the selections:
i.e. Restore from Normal Backup
Restore from Archived Backup
Restore from Raw Partition Backup... etc. same result:

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Do you get the same result if you try to run the same restore from the Master Server and the Client?

Can you still see all the backups carried out on this Client thru' the 'Client Backups Report'? i.e. all the images are still there & haven't expired and Policy Type shows as MS-Windows-NT?

KDOG1122
Level 4
Andy,

Sorry I forgot to include that in my first response. Yes i tried it from the master server and from the client side and get the same results.
yes I can see the images on the "client report list" from the master server console
Yes I can see the images are still there & haven't expired and Policy Type shows as MS-Windows-NT from the master server console as well.

thanks,

Jeff

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Jeff

Cannot think of any reason why this should be. Found a few references on the Web, but they all tend to cover what you have already checked:

Browsing for a restore image is producing an error that the server does not contain any images for t...

This concludes that if none of the above works then contact Symantec. Smiley Sad

Altho' there was an 'interesting' one about incorrect time on server (don't think this will apply tho'!):

Unable to browse for images in the VERITAS NetBackup (tm) Backup, Archive, and Restore GUI, after su...

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
i can only think of one other thing.

when you put  in the client name are using the exact same name used in the policy....

short or FQDN,  lower or CAP letters.

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified
Hi,

Can you execute the following command to see if the image database returns images?

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -hoursago 720 -client <clientname> -U

If the above command returns an output then you could try restore a single file to test the restore.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -K -L /tmp/restore001.log -C <source client> -D <destination client> -t 13 -p <policy name> -s <startdate> -e <enddate>  filename

where
-K = not to overwrite file(s).
-L

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified
Accidentally hit the send button on my previous msg here is the complete message.

Hi,

Can you execute the following command to see if the image database returns images?

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -hoursago 720 -client <clientname> -U

here 720 hours is equal to last 30 days.

If the above command returns an output then you could try restore a single file to test the restore.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -K -L /tmp/restore001.log -C <source client> -D <destination client> -t 13 -p <policy name> -s <startdate> -e <enddate>  filename

where
-K = not to overwrite file(s).
-L = Progress Log
-C = source client
-D = Destination client
-t = Policy type - 13 for windows
-p = Policy name
-s & -e = start and end date respectively.
filename = filename with full path to be restored.