cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup errored out with:

Tashan
Level 2
Hello,

I am a newbie in Netbackup, i am gettig error of netbackup fialed, the reason i could see in log file is 19:00:30 WRN - can't open directory: G:\tagging01\dui (WIN32 3: The system cannot find the path specified. ).
The drive G: is my snapshot volume.
What could be reson for this error?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

So you are taking volume snapshot (using VSS and vshadow perhaps) and mounting the snapshot as a volume, giving it a drive letter G?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NetBackup supports backing up a newly-mounted snapshot volume.

NetBackup does utilize VSS to create a snapshot of a volume, to achieve open file backups, but backing up a volume that is a snapshot of something else ... well I haven't heard that's being successful...

Are you getting any other files/directories backed up off that G drive, or is it that nothings are being backed up?

Abe

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Could you just provide the detailed status of the failed job which we are talking about ???

That will help in understanding the issue.

Cause I am not getting the explaination provided.

Tashan
Level 2

Okay..actually on my machine there are E:, F: and G: is snapshot of F dirve. Now i scheduled a backup for taking E and G drive.When this scheduled tasks starts its enable the snashot volume i.e Veritas snapshot successfully created then it starts backing up the files. After this Starting Netbackup command,Netbackup Command: E:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bpbackup.exe it starts the backup. Hope i answer it.

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
@Tashan
correct me if am wrong, you are backing up the E drive (local drive) and G drive (snapshot drive)

pl post the detailed status of the failed job.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Clarify whether you can access G:\tagging01\dui by other app(explorer, cmd, dir, or so on) if this snapshot keeps mounted yet.

When you get error with other app, file system might be corrupted. Run chkdsk for G:\.