cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup replication / duplication ports

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello, 

Our networkteam is building a new network with lots of WAN connections. We planned to replicate / duplicate between our sites. They want to know what ports Netbackup wil use. All the sites have Netbackup 7.7.3, I did some searching, but it is important that I give the right info to then.

It looks like MSDP to MSDP uses spad/10102 and spoold/10082 on the destination. This is the port where the traffic will go on. There are also lots of other ports which are used by Netbackup, but I just need to know where the big data stream is. They will limit those ports to the need of the backup. QoS. 

Regards,

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Marianne, 

I have red that document, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

Thanks anyway, 
Rob

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

You may well also need tcp/1556 and tcp/13724 between Master Servers for trust and command and control.  I did also need these two ports for:

site A - one single master/media 5230 Appliance

...replicating to... and replicating from...

site B - one single master/media 5230 Appliance

So, for the above, I needed four ports open, in each direction:  tcp/1556, 13724, 10082, 10102.

ok thanks, but the main traffic for the dup/rep goes over the 10082, 10102?
That is what they want to do. Limit the traffic of the ports where the whole lot travels. That way the backup will not consume the whole bandwith of the WAN connection.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Yes, tcp/1556 tcp/13724 are for command and control.  So, yes, if you are able to QoS specific ports tcp/10082 and tcp/10102 then yes you could control peak sustained bandwidth usage.