cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Media Server not recognizing robot

Corey_Sylcox
Level 3
Just installed a new Media Server into our environment. Both master and media are Windows 2003 server running NB 6.0MP1.
When discovering devices on the media server it discovers the 4 drives within the robot but not the robot itself.
I updated my mapping files and tried again with the same result. Robot type is Qualstar TLS-8433.
The master server has the identical robot, and works great. I also update the robot driver on the media server to the exact version of the driver on the master server.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
DOCUMENTATION: How to use the "nbemmcmd -addhost" command to add a media server to a VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0 environment.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279049\

Corey_Sylcox
Level 3
The host is already in EMM database

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
Is it possibly a physical problem? Could be a connection, switch zoning, etc. Just a thought...

Corey_Sylcox
Level 3
I havent ruled hardware out of the equation. I am sure that the SCSI BIOS can see the robot and the drives, windows also Identifies both. I am working with the hardware vendor as well to make sure everything it right as rain. Just trying to get all the bases covered.

Corey_Sylcox
Level 3
Turns out the Dell Open Manage software was taking control of the library and not allowing other applications to access the library. uninstalled open manage and we are in business. Thanks to all who chipped in.