cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not writing any data to tape.

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
Master/Media server is Windows Server 2003, NBU 6.5.4.  Client is Windows Server 2003, NBU 6.5.  The client is also a SQL server.

I want to back up C:\, D:\, and Shadow Copy Components.  I don't want to mess with the SQL files so I have 3 exclusions for this client:  *.LDF, *.MDF and *.NDF.

If I do an ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive, I get 1  Kilobytes, 0 Files and 1000 KB Per Second on each of the three jobs.  No matter how I setup the file selection, I see the same results.  I have selected one specific folder that contains numerous files and 219MB of data.  The results written to tape are the same as above.  When I open the restore window, I see C: and D: but there is no data there which makes sense.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the NBU client probably 3 or 4 times with multiple reboots of the client as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

Randy
4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
First I would like to "see" the exclude list can  you get us a screen shot or command
bpgetconfig -e myexcludelist <clientname>

the file myexcludelist will have the info I want to see.

Just thinking you may have a typo

also what version are you running.

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
exclude.JPG

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
Try to checkmark "cross mountpoint" in the policy. UNIX style mount  in Windows requires the "cross mount" options to be enabled.  This is just to see if it changes anything.

Else try to enable bpbkar debugging:  Usage specifics of the bpbkar_path_tr touch file to enable enhanced debug logging of the bpbkar proc...

This debug log should tell why you are experinces this issue.

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
Just got back from the holidays and I'm going to give this another shot.