Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPS Center custom report with SQL Queries

ddm2
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

is there any doc around about creation of custom reports using SQL queries?

OPS 7.5.0.3.

Thanks and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not offically that I know of.

Rightly or wrongly, Symantec don't support creating the actual SQL query - possibly because if we did, that's all we'd do - everyone would want custom scripts written.

If you log a call, you may be able to get a copy of the data schema, which would be useful so you know what to put in the query.  I don't have one and I don't know if one can be made public.

Be aware, that on upgrades the database schema can change, which may break existing queries.  This 'warning' is documented.

I'm sure someone will be along who may have some docs they have written, but offically, as far as I am aware, they aren't any.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not offically that I know of.

Rightly or wrongly, Symantec don't support creating the actual SQL query - possibly because if we did, that's all we'd do - everyone would want custom scripts written.

If you log a call, you may be able to get a copy of the data schema, which would be useful so you know what to put in the query.  I don't have one and I don't know if one can be made public.

Be aware, that on upgrades the database schema can change, which may break existing queries.  This 'warning' is documented.

I'm sure someone will be along who may have some docs they have written, but offically, as far as I am aware, they aren't any.

Martin

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but this is definitely documented.  It's got its own (really, really short) section in the manual!

Creating an OpsCenter report using SQL query can be found on pages 373-375 of the Reporting Guide:

Symantec OpsCenter 7.5 Reporting Guide
 http://symantec.com/docs/DOC5044

If you need more specific information or are looking for examples, I would send you over to Connect's OpsCenter forum.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I was thinking dms was probably looking more for actaul examples on the sql query itself ...

ddm2
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks for your answers folk.

Actually I was looking for some example about SQL queries.

I'll try to get the schema from the support.

Have a nice day.