cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time backup to a particular tape.

snawaz3
Level 6

How can I force NBU to backup to a particular tape ID. I have a volume pool named expired accounts. The tape ID is 6943. When I start a manul full backup NBU starts to mount another tape. How can i force NBU to write to tape ID 6943?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the retention level of the other backups on the tape?

Is the new backup of the same retention level? NBU does not mix retention levels by default.

Are you specifying the same media server (Storage unit) in the policy as the other backups on the tape? Media sharing between media servers is not enabled by default.

So, ensure same retention level is specified in policy schedule and that the same STU is used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

Create a new pool and put this tape in the new pool. Change volume pool in the policy to this pool.

Alternatively, move all other non-full tapes in expired accounts out of the robot to ensure that ID 6943 is the only option.

snawaz3
Level 6

6943 is the only tape in the volume pool expired_accounts. I have 2 previous images of expired_accounts on this tape.I wanted to add a new backup image of expired_accounts to this tape.

Marianne
Level 6

What is the retention level of the other backups on the tape?

Is the new backup of the same retention level? NBU does not mix retention levels by default.

Are you specifying the same media server (Storage unit) in the policy as the other backups on the tape? Media sharing between media servers is not enabled by default.

So, ensure same retention level is specified in policy schedule and that the same STU is used.