cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 2 clinets are failing with Error 84 & 98

Mahesh1987
Level 3

I have netbackup 7.1 master which is having 1500 clinets but only 2 clinets are failing with media error 84 & 98. When we restart the backups after freezing the media backups getting completed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
These clients were probably backed up to separate pool or to another retention level. This means that these 2 clients will be backed up to this media. Look in Media Logs report to see errors reported on the media that caused the error as well as bptm log and System log on the media server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

avinash59
Level 4

Hi Mahesh,

As you are telling that only two clients are failing with error code 84 and 98, what I can tell is the below things;

1) Just check if the other clients which are going to the same media are also failing with the same error codes.

2) Also make a note of the drives on which they are writing, check if this faulty media is failing mostly on the same drive or also on different drives.

3) The error code 98 would be due to robotic operation failed. There might be a chance that whenever the robot is trying to load the tape into the drive, it is unable to as there might be an old tape stuck in the drive.

Please check if the above possibilities have occured for the failures.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
These clients were probably backed up to separate pool or to another retention level. This means that these 2 clients will be backed up to this media. Look in Media Logs report to see errors reported on the media that caused the error as well as bptm log and System log on the media server.

Mahesh1987
Level 3

I checked for all medias out of which there are some which are causing the issue freezed those. Now backups are fine.