cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overiding Policy Volume Pool in Schedule and last write time

kbrandt
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I have a schedule in a policy in NB 6 that has 'Override Policy Volume Pool' checked and is set to a a volume pool I set up called offsitebackup. The Volume Pool shows 4 tapes (volumes) that I added.  Although the activity monitor shows that my previously mentioned schedule ran and completed sucessfully just a day ago, the newest 'Last Written' is from over a month ago on any of the tapes in my Offsitebackup volume pool (I am looking at last written, not last mount, but last mount is also a month old).  I am getting all of this information from the Adminsitration console.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there any way for me to tell if the data was in fact written to one of those tapes and the last written time stamp is wrong, if perhaps the data written to a different tape, or if that data wasn't actually backed up at all?

Thank you,

Kyle

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Do a catalog search in the GUI by client and see what tapes your backups are writing to.

Stumpr2
Level 6
If you double-click on the job in the activity monitor to bring up the details page you can see what tape was used for that job.

kbrandt
Level 4

Hi All,

I do see that the backup was written to the tapes according to my catalogue query, so the last write time is just wrong?

-Kyle

Darren_Dunham
Level 6

Does hitting 'refresh' help?

How about command line?  When you run 'bpmedialist -m <volume>', does that 'last read' time agree?

-- 

Darren

kbrandt
Level 4
 The refresh cause an error, so I restarted netbackup and did a referesh and now the write time is correct, Thank you for your help everyone!