cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBX-ClusterGroup - Netbackup 6.5

BobF
Level 3
Hi All,

I have been looking through all the documentation and am struggling to find anything that references the automatic creation of the PBX-ClusterGroup-Computername when you install the netbackup client 6.5 on a server that is a member of a cluster. Our servers are W2K3 EE. I understand that the PBX service is required on this version of Netbackup and have no problem running it locally but i would prefer not to have it as a cluster resource.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by BobF on 06-17-2008 12:20 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
From what i understand is that as long as it is not a cluster within Netbackup, then this is not needed and can be removed http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301776.htm

Nick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BobF
Level 3
I have found the MSCS-Cluster-pbx.bat and at the end it mentions the "MSCS-cluster-pbx.bat -delete" command which will perform the following actions

:delete
cluster . res "%component%-%host%" /offline /wait:20
cluster . res "%component%-%host%" /delete
REM #delete resource type
cluster RESTYPE  pbxmscs /delete /type
cluster . group "%clusgrp%-%host%" /delete
REM This is the drive (~d) and path (~p) of %0 plus '..'
set ICU_DATA=%~dp0..\resources
set PATH=%~dp0..\bin;%CommonProgramFiles%\\VERITAS\\VRTSicsco;%PATH%
vxpbxcfg -d -C

This looks positive in removing it safely from the cluster but will it cause any other undesirable issues ??

Message Edited by BobF on 06-17-2008 12:45 AM

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
From what i understand is that as long as it is not a cluster within Netbackup, then this is not needed and can be removed http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301776.htm

Nick

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
You can jump the PBX install in the cluster with this:

Run the silent client install script (silentclient.cmd and set a new property on the MSI command)

INSTALL_LIVEUPDATE=%INSTALL_LIVEUPDATE% LU_SERVERNAME=%LU_SERVERNAME% PBXCONFIGURECS="FALSE" REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

Hope this helps.
regards

J_Legbandt
Level 2
I had an issue with this during our initial deploy. Just make sure that you have the live update server line uncommented in the silentinstall.cmd or it won't work as you expect.