cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password doesn't get verified in the Disaster Recovery tab of the Catalog backup

rudif
Level 3

According to the documentation (Admin Gude 1):

If the logon information is not valid, NetBackup returns a message. The message requests that

the user either reenter the logon and password information or clear the alternate location

option to continue.

However, I have tested this by using incorrect passwords and no message is returned.  The properties window closes and only after a failed backup do you know something is wrong.

When I go back, I notice no password is saved.

I'm running Windows Server 2003 x64 and Netbackup 7.1.0.1.

Thanks,

Rudif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

a_la_carte
Level 5

Mine is NBU 7.0.1 and I was able to browse the NAS path where I have choosen to protect my DR file and I was able to put my username and password, but everytime when I clicked on Apply or OK, the whole catalog policy screen just hung up and became not responding. I was actually trying to modify the test catalog policy that one of my co-worker has created in the past during implementation.

So What I did, was created a completely new policy and then trying to browse the path and putting username and password for the share. It worked then only.

So we came to the conclusion that the old policy got corrupted due to some unknown reasons and that was what kept hanging the console when I tried to save my username and password and newly created policy helped me.

Please try to make a new policy and then see if that would make a difference. Also, once you put the username and password for the share on the catalog policy tab and successfully save it, then you wont be able to see the password( the password "dots" ofcourse) the next time you open the policy. It will be showing all blank only, only username will be shown. Password will get saved somewhere in the configuration the first time you enter it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If the DR-file is located on the master server and the Client Service logon account has access to the DR-file, no password authentication is needed.

rudif
Level 3

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's on a share and I'm using a UNC path.

Rudif

Karl_Schissler
Level 3

I have not been able to get the DR file to copy to a UNC path.   I'm running NBU 7.1 on Win2008 R2, and in the DR tab of the Catalog Backup policy, there seems to be no way to "test" that the location is valid.   If you pick the local drive on the NBU server, you can browse to whatever drive you want.  There should be a way for NBU to bring up the remote file system info, so that you can be sure that it will work.

rudif, did you ever get this working?

rudif
Level 3

No, it's on my list of things to get solved..

rudif

a_la_carte
Level 5

Mine is NBU 7.0.1 and I was able to browse the NAS path where I have choosen to protect my DR file and I was able to put my username and password, but everytime when I clicked on Apply or OK, the whole catalog policy screen just hung up and became not responding. I was actually trying to modify the test catalog policy that one of my co-worker has created in the past during implementation.

So What I did, was created a completely new policy and then trying to browse the path and putting username and password for the share. It worked then only.

So we came to the conclusion that the old policy got corrupted due to some unknown reasons and that was what kept hanging the console when I tried to save my username and password and newly created policy helped me.

Please try to make a new policy and then see if that would make a difference. Also, once you put the username and password for the share on the catalog policy tab and successfully save it, then you wont be able to see the password( the password "dots" ofcourse) the next time you open the policy. It will be showing all blank only, only username will be shown. Password will get saved somewhere in the configuration the first time you enter it.

rudif
Level 3

I copied the profile and it worked this time.  Thanks for the suggestion.