cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom robot appears after 6.5.4 update

Michel_G_
Level 3

After updating from 6.5.3 to 6.5.4 I was suprised to see an additional robotic library show up in my topology display. 

A while back we had added LTO4 drives to our tape library and partioned it into two libraries one for the existing drives and one for the new LTO4 drives and media.  When configuring NetBackup and scanning for devices it saw the two partions as two entirely new libraries, created new devices and storage groups.  The former TLD(2) library was still listed as a robot under Devices but was shaded out and indicated it the robotic path was missing and no longer showed up on the topology.  I updated the policies and duplication staging away from using that old library (was switching most of them over to the new LTO4 partion anyway). I didn't think much about it again until the other day I upgrade to 6.5.4 it suddenly there was TLD(2) appearing on my Topology screen in the console.  Just the icons for it being a robot but no drives under it.

To get rid of it, I should just be able to go under devices and delete the robot from there, probably go back and remove the old storage units for that robot as well then too, yes?  I don't have any polices referencing the associated storage units and I don't have any tapes listed in a volume group for that robot.   I'm curious if it would require a restart of my device manager services (so I should do it while there aren't any jobs are active).  And if I should worry at all about it changing the naming of any of my other robots, perhaps not immediately but if I rescan for devices later on.

- Michel

1 REPLY 1

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
Please check if this doc can help u out. 

DOCUMENTATION: How to delete "ghost" or "phantom" devices from the Windows Device Manager when using Veritas NetBackup (tm)

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/259595.htm