cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-backup file delete

Hank_Brandenbur
Not applicable
I have a nightly backup job that I would like to purge or delete the "includes" list (a text file) from the system when it completes successfuly.  Is there a way to cause NBU to execute a DOS command when a job completes normally?

I'm running NBU 6.0MP4 on Win 2003 Server.  Any advice is much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
DOCUMENTATION:Veritas NetBackup (tm) notification scripts and their usage

Veritas NetBackup (tm) comes packaged with a number of script files that provide information on the different stages of backup jobs and other aspects of its functionality.
The bulk of the .cmd\.bat script files can be found on the NetBackup master server in the <install_path>\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin directory.

Additional .cmd\.bat files can be found in the <install_path>\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\goodies directory.

For these files to work, they must reside in the <install_path>\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin directory. For the files in the \goodies directory, the original files should be copied to the \bin directory.

Note: Veritas does not support any scripts that are modified from the default NetBackup script provided.
The scripts listed can be adapted to provide an added service to the NetBackup program, however, these modifications will not be supported, and a default copy of the script must be available at all times to aid troubleshooting problems.