cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DMZ client

Sreekanth_Ada2
Level 3
Hi All,

We have problem with a policy with client in Dematerialised Zone.

This policy is frequently failing with socket error or with Status Code 41, we could able to ping to the client.

Finally we had a call to symantec.

If any one has some information regarding this kindly share with me.

Thanks & Regards
Sreekanth Adari

2 REPLIES 2

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
You say, "frequently failing"...does that mean it is sometimes working?  Are there other clients in the DMZ using the same media and master server that are working?  Is the backup writing any data before failure?  Regardless, I would check:

1. name resolution using bpclntcmd and its associated parameters (-ip, -hn, -pn, -self)

2. make sure bpcd is running and listening on the client

3. ensure the bpcd (13782) and vnetd (13724) ports are open in the firewall. Also check that these are correctly entered in the client's services file.

4. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Client Attributes > select your client and verify your port and connect back options.

5. if this is Netbackup 6.x, use the bptestbpcd utility with the verbose and debug flags.  For example:

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bptestbpcd -client [client_name] -verbose -debug

Message Edited by Roobix.Cube on 01-01-2008 03:02 PM

HansW_2
Not applicable
Partner
Hi

If you are streaming the backup trough a firewall that is using proy-like daemons or services you're in for some trouble, nbu wil not run flawlessly trough a proxy I'm sorry to say. 
If so, try using a temp router like vyatta to test things out.

/Hans