cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with msl6030 lto3 & slow performance

Rich
Level 2
Hello,

My conf is Proliant DL380 G4 with msl6000+1 drive lto3 and Netbackup.
Problem is that when launching a backup with Netbackup , seems backup hanging and finally i ve got a media write error with a few data written on tape.

When i check hardware with hp storagetools everything is ok.On hp site they speak about a problem with tape.sys file and w2003 sp1...seems to be the same with sp2 .Is anyone got the same problem ? is there a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Richard
3 REPLIES 3

Jim_Turpin
Not applicable
Did you verify that the robot config in netbackup is correct? You have to match the drive number with the correct serial number of the drive in that slot. Sounds confusing I know but sheck the web interface for your robot. It will show you the drive serial numbers with what drive number it is. I think you can get to the drive information from the status page at the bottom and get full drive info.

Joseph_Correia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Rich,
Are you using the Netbackup Tape Device drivers for your library? I've seen similar behavior on other HP tape units and it usually was due to mixed or incompatible device drivers that were loaded in Windows.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Joseph

ThePete
Not applicable
Hi Rich,

Did you ever find the root cause of this problem. I am having the same issue on one of my servers.
I only get about 8MB/sec.

Thanks

Pete