cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems restoring from DLT3 tapes (Windows)

Philip_Drew
Level 4
Hi All,

I'm required to recover some quite old data from backups and I'm having issues recognising media ids on DLT3 tapes.

My restore environment is Windows 2003 R2 SP2 with Netbackup 4.5 MP9 master server with a Compaq / Quantum DLT7000 tape drive attached.

I'm guessing that the original environment was Windows 2000 SP3 with Netbackup 3.4 with a standalone DLT3 drive however this no longer exists and no catalogue exists from it.

I've had no problems loading DLT4 tapes, identifying the media id via vmoprcmd on the restore environment, running an initialise import, followed by a full import followed by a successful restore.  These successful restores were on backups only approx 1 year later than the DLT3 ones.

When I load a DLT3 tape the drive accesses it correctly and sets the correct tape data size and compression itself, but when I run the vmoprcmd command to get the media id the media id field is blank.

Does anyone know of a work around I can use to get the media id or do I have to try and recreate the original environment ?

Thanks in advance.
P
0 REPLIES 0