Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing NetBackup Client on Windows server 2008

mmeeggaann
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi all, 

Pushing the update of netbackup client  to Windows server 2008 clients, the remote installation fails with the following message "Unsuccessful Symantec NetBackup Client Install". I was able to update the NetBackup client on Win2003 servers without problem like this.

The update is from 7.0.1 to 7.5.0.5. I couldn't do even the first step to 7.5 version.

I attached the push install log for two Win2008 clients. 

It seems the Win2008 servers have a security policy enabled because when I try to establish a remote desktop connection I'm asked to enter my credentiales in a different logon screen to complete the action. The screenshots attached. 

I already asked the Windows admin for help on this, but I'll thank if my NBU team can give me some ideas to solve this issue :) 

1 REPLY 1

Symctec
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Please disable UAC as follows:- Click Start, and then click Control Panel. In Control Panel, click User Accounts. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts. In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off. If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue. Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later, and then close the User Accounts tasks window. Please also disable the Windows 2008 OS Firewall as its enabled by default