cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a strange error on netbackup 5.1mp3 a

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Hello all,
I recently ran into a strange error while conducting routine backups on an AIX 5 system. The master/media server is running windows server 2003.
There are about 6 or 7 files that get backed up. One of them /usr seems to be the problem here. Once my backup tape mounts, the following error will start to come up in the job details:

ERR - Cannot lstat64 nls/Γ▀� N╟. Errno = 89: Invalid file system control data detected.

I've checked to see if the file system /usr does, in fact, exist on the client machine and I see that it does. So I'm not sure what's going on there. I also tried to check the 'follow NFS' option. I can't seem to find anything on this issue. So any help or suggestions are appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Carlos_Santos
Level 3
Hi Alex,
This is a input/output error, verify the dmesg and messages logs to determine who files are corrupted.

T+

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Apparently the Lstat error refers to an issue where a Call or request is made on a directory, in this case /usr, and the request can't be performed. This is not a Netbackup issue, but an OS one instead. In this instance the resolution was very 'Microsoft' in that the afflicted system was rebooted and the problem went away...

Ankur_Kumar
Level 5
Alex, thank you so much for the update

Chiao
Ankur Kumar

Stumpr2
Level 6
lstat frequently indicates a mounting problem

scott_nishimura
Level 3
The last time I ran into this error, it was due to disk corruption. I had to take the server down and run fsck on the partition in question. That cleared things up.

Scott