cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Urgent!!! Catalog referencing question

txtech1997
Level 4
I need some help as well and it would be greatly appreciated.

We use the second to the last option for backup logs, to show details, but not everything, so that we can save space.  This is because the log files can be rather large.

My legal department wants an inventory of files and folders on some tapes, but when I catalog them, don't get anything.  I was wondering if there is a way to create a report or txt file, after a catalog, that includes all of the files and folders on that tape?

I know when you do a restore, Backup Exec has to look someone for the list of files so it can pick the one it wants to restore, so I was hoping there was a way to create a report or if there was a txt/html file that holds a list of all of the data on a tape, after a catalog is done.

Like I said, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Charles
2 REPLIES 2

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
If an image has not expired, then the data on the image is still in the catalog and can be referenced.  This is only a concern if you have some tapes where some of the images have expired.  If that's true then the catalog will not be able to tell you *all* of the data on the tape.

You can get a list of images that are on a particular tape with 'bpimmedia -mediaid <volumename>' and you can get a list of files in that image with 'bpflist -d <date/in/past> -client <client> -backupid <image> -rl 999'

--
Darren

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

There is no direct report to this you will need to use the bpimmedia in a grep/awk script, so I think the best here is just use the vault reports and ensure the data you are backing up is included in your policies and clients also you can try to use the INCLUDE_FILES options, just to be sure you are getting those files and try a DR every month or 3 months, other way I think can be overwellming speaking in a daily check admin task.

Regards