cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive an error while running an RMAN backup

Cuong_Van_Nguye
Not applicable

Hi, I have just installed Netbackup 7.0 with a quantum i80 library.  I have the oracle agent license installed on the master server and install Linux client server on the linux server.  I have also install the oracle agent on the linux server as well and did the link as well.  When I ran the backup I receive the following error:  The license for the requested feature is not available.  Could someone tell me what license I would need for the Master server.  And what would I need on my Linux client server?  The Linux server is an oracle database server.

Thank You,

Cuong Van Nguyen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The database and application license is all you need on the master server. This allows you to create the Oracle policy type.

The license error is normally because the client is unable to connect to the master server to obtain license and policy info.

Please ensure /etc/hosts entries on the client and the master for each other.

Please create the following log directories under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs for further troubleshooting:

On client: bpcd and dbclient.  Do chmod 777 on dblient.

On master: bprd  (restart NBU for log to take effect).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The database and application license is all you need on the master server. This allows you to create the Oracle policy type.

The license error is normally because the client is unable to connect to the master server to obtain license and policy info.

Please ensure /etc/hosts entries on the client and the master for each other.

Please create the following log directories under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs for further troubleshooting:

On client: bpcd and dbclient.  Do chmod 777 on dblient.

On master: bprd  (restart NBU for log to take effect).