cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Socket read Failed 23 on Solaris 10 client

mrmuggyd
Level 2

Good Morning,

Just installed a new Solaris 10 system (10/08 U6).  Attempting to install the netbackup client onto server.  I have downloaded NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS3.tar.gz from the File Connect side.  I installed the client and attempt to connect to it from our master.  I get "Socket Read Failed 23" on the master.  I go to the client on Solaris 10 and do an  "/etc/rc2.d/S95nbclient stop" and "/etc/rc2.d/S95nbclient start".  When I run the start, I receive the message of "NetBackup SAN Client Fibre Transport daemon started." 

Do I have the wrong client or is there another issue.  The root file system is ZFS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mrmuggyd
Level 2

Found the problem...incorrect entry in the /etc/hosts file.

Thanks for the help!!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RAPHAEL_F_CARVA
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Check network connectivity between Master/Media -> Client and Client <- Master/Media running:

Client -> Master/Media 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -hn {Hostname of the Master/Media you wanna check}

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -ip  {IP address of the Master/Media you wanna check} 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -get_remote_host_version {Hostname of the Master/Media you wanna check} 

Master/Media -> Client

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -hn  {Hostname of the Client you wanna check}

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -ip  {IP address of the Client you wanna check} 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -get_remote_host_version {Hostname of the Client you wanna check} 

Also, check network ports connection

Client -> Master/Media

telnet  {Hostname of the Master/Media you wanna check} 13724

Master Media -> Client

telnet {Hostname of the Client you wanna check} 13724

Clients and Master/Medias must be able to resolve each other both from IP addresses and Hostnames. If you haven't set up DNS usage for your new Solaris client, you must set up /etc/hosts on both Client and Master/Media

If you need help on the commands outputs, print them here and we can analyze it for you.

Hope it helps 

mrmuggyd
Level 2

Found the problem...incorrect entry in the /etc/hosts file.

Thanks for the help!!!!

dulla
Level 3
Hello there,
I have the same problem just like the above and I used the suggustions u post.

When I try the

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpclntcmd -get_remote_host_version {Hostname of the Master/Media you wanna check}

the client reply with

Socket read failed

All the others are working. Can u help me?

Thank you

Stumpr2
Level 6

You should have found this by following the correct solution given by Raphael.