cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Catalog / AIX Master

Adriano_BR
Level 3

Howdy,

I'm about to join a DR Rehearsal and i have a doubt, i know that when you're recovering windows clustered master servers you need to create the cluster exactly as it was when you backed up the Catalog. But we've migrated to a new AIX Master with HACMP and i'm not sure if we need to recover the cluster too. I think that a single node with the master server name will do the job but i'd like to hear a second opinion....

Appreciate any shared information fellas,

Adriano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
A one-node cluster should be fine.

See this TechNote: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301049.htm

When carrying out a full catalog recovery to a Master Server at a disaster recovery site using a catalog backup the disaster recovery (DR) Master Server must have the same "topology" as the original Master Server.

For clustered Master Servers this means:

1. The DR Master Server must also be clustered using the same virtual host name, although the number and names of the member nodes can be different
2. The DR Master Server must be running the same operating system, NetBackup version and clustering software as the original Master Server

NOTE:  It is not possible to restore a catalog backup made from a cluster Master Server to a standalone Master Server.  If the original Master Server is clustered then the DR Master Server must also be clustered although this may be a single node cluster and the member node may have a different name to the member nodes of the original Master Server cluster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
A one-node cluster should be fine.

See this TechNote: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301049.htm

When carrying out a full catalog recovery to a Master Server at a disaster recovery site using a catalog backup the disaster recovery (DR) Master Server must have the same "topology" as the original Master Server.

For clustered Master Servers this means:

1. The DR Master Server must also be clustered using the same virtual host name, although the number and names of the member nodes can be different
2. The DR Master Server must be running the same operating system, NetBackup version and clustering software as the original Master Server

NOTE:  It is not possible to restore a catalog backup made from a cluster Master Server to a standalone Master Server.  If the original Master Server is clustered then the DR Master Server must also be clustered although this may be a single node cluster and the member node may have a different name to the member nodes of the original Master Server cluster.

Adriano_BR
Level 3

Ok Marianne, i'll adopt that strategy! Thanks a bunch!