cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Storage Group

sr69
Level 4
I want to restore an Exchange 2003 Storage Group to Recovery Storage Group in the same Server (to recover a lost mailbox).
I read the Restoring Exchange Server Admin guide, but I want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

From the Netbackup for Exchange Server Admin guide (see below) in step 2 "Dismount all Exchange 2000/2003 databases that need to be restored"
My question is: - If I am going to restore a storage group into the recovery storage group, Do I must to stop the Exchange databases? from the Storage Group? or the Recovery Storage Group.
Sorry for the question, but I am not the Exchange Admin.

Regards

**********************************************************************************************************
Netbackup for Exchange Server Admin guide....

Restoring Exchange 2003 to the Recovery Storage Group

NetBackup supports restores to the recovery storage group. It is not necessary to redirect the restore; the restore will automatically be restored to the recovery storage group, if it exists. In order for a restore to the recovery storage group to be successful, the recovery storage group must be configured prior to performing the restore operation.

Restoring Storage Groups or Storage Group Databases

To restore the Storage Groups, or Storage Group databases

1. Log on as Administrator.

2. Dismount all Exchange 2000/2003 databases that need to be restored.

Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.

**********************************************************************************************************

2 REPLIES 2

sr69
Level 4
I forgot, Netbackup 5.1 backing up an Exchange 2003 Cluster on Windows 2003

mrobinsn
Level 4
You need to dismount the databases in the RSG.  You sohuld also mark them as overwriteable (ie this database can be overwritten by a restore).

In any case I suggest you get your exchange admin involved - just recovering to an RSG doesn't do anything, although it does test that you can actually restore a mountable database.