cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of only Master server at DR site, without references to Media Server

Samuel_Ayoub
Level 4
We are gearing up for a DR Test on NBU 6.0 MP4.  We performed the same test last year when we were at NBU 5.1 MP1, but obviously with the introduction with the EMM db, things have changed slightly. 

In the previous test, I built the NBU server and configured the library and tape drives.  I then backed up ltidevs, robotic_def and globdb prior to the catalog recovery.  Once the catalog recovery was complete I was then able to stop the NBU services, replace the ltidevs, robotic_def and globdb with the new ones backed up previously.  I then deleted the Media server from the Hosts and this seemed cleaner, than fumbling though updating all this configuration information.  I set the Media Host Override on the Master and was good to go with the system restores.

We can recover the media server if required, but want to be prepaired if a scenario arises where we only have hardware for one backup server.  I am familiar with the information for Decomissioning a Media server, but reading it I wasn't sure if it would be recommended for this scenario.  Any information or best practices would be appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0