cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery without admin privileges

mmeier
Not applicable

Hi,

i have a question about netbackup 6.0. Is it possible to do a recovery of a drive or folder without any admin privileges (no read, no write, no execute).

thx

marty

3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Master o/s?

Media o/s?

Client o/s?

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5

I have a similar question.  I have a Solaris master, Win2003 media server, and mixed clients.  I've always logged in as root to the admin console, so never had a problem with permissions.  However, I would like to set up user accounts for others to be able to kick off restores if I'm not around without them needing root access.  Can I set them up as 'admins' so that they could log in as themselves and restore to both Windows & Unix clients?  Would they only be able to restore to Windows clients?  Their AD credentials are Domain Admin, so they would have access to any Windows server we have.  In the admin console, Master Server Properties, Authorization section, I have them listed with * for the host (presumably to include all servers), our domain, type = Network, OS Admin Required = No.

Forgot to mention, running at 6.5.1 currently.

Message Edited by Wes T. Gator on 09-15-2008 01:59 PM

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

you might want to read up but this is what I know.

I am a unix admin by job, but also am in charge of netbackup.

I have two logins - normal and a windows admin account (anormal)

I can log into a windows media server with my anormal name and do restores to windows or unix. I can do this because I have logged INTO a server that is a master or media server ( meaning the "server" has restore rights - and I am an admin).

I also have the admin console on my pc.

I can open this ( remember I have logged into my pc with my normal name) and I can do restores.  I can do this becase on the master server properties under the "server" list.  My laptops name is listed under Additional servers.

The warning on this is that setting up this way they can also change policies, delete policies.... or anything else to destroy your netbackup configuration.

I have not set up but know that you can use Access Management and set up authoriztion and say what things they can do like restores only.... but I have never done this.