cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirected Restore

Dreamleo
Level 3

Hi All

Today I was reading the NetBackup 7.1 Admin Guide on the redirected restore part, when talking about few ways to allow clients to perform redirected restores (altnames\No.Restriction; altnames\peername, etc), I noticed that there were few notes

"Note: The information in this topic applies to restores made by using the command line, not the Backup, Archive, and Restore client interface."

Just wonder why it's not applied to restore using BAR interface? In my experience these configuration also apply to BAR restore.

Thanks!

Leo

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think you are right ... I think, that is wrong.

I will test it, and then send an email to the author of the manual, if we are correct.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

OK, tested - backuped up server a,  tried to restore file to server b using BAR gui - it failed.  Created touch file, it worked ...

Manual appears to be wrong.

I have sent a mail to the author of the manual explaing the concern, and the steps I took to test it.

Hope this is OK, best I can do.

Martin

Dreamleo
Level 3

Thanks Martin, I have done the redirected restore before, and know the configuraiton works for the BAR restore, just wonder there must be a reason to put the "Note" there.

Thanks again for your help.

Leo

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
will let you know if i find a reason M

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
will let you know if i find a reason M

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

An eTrack has been created to investigate if this is changed behavior.

M