Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular "exclude dates"

Mark_Thurston
Level 3
NB 5.1 MP3

Hi,

Is it possible to have regular exclude dates? For example, a backup schedule (calendar based) that says backup every Friday with the exception of the first of every month? I could simply add in every individual exclude date (via a batch file to make it easy), but that seems a bit clunky. I ask because I already have a schedule for a monthly (calendar based) for the first and I don't want the two to clash. Granted, the one with the longest retention should take priority, but I can't guarantee that the backup window will be the same for each schedule and also the policy multistreams, which I understand can cause the weekly to take priority in some streams?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6
Mark,
I have not seen anything in Netbackup to allow this. I have created separate policies for end-of-month and used cron to deactivate/reactivate the regular policy. What are you thinking of batching?
Bob

Mark_Thurston
Level 3
I kind of came to this conclusion. In the end, I just wrote a batch file with lots of bpclschedrep commands in it (used Excel to create the batch file).

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thanks for the followup.

Mark_Thurston
Level 3
No probs - sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.