cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Domino client configuration steps

thomas_Stumpek
Level 3
Hi,

Can any one help me in getting the step-by-step document on configuring the Domino agent for windows and UNIX?

I have downloaded a doc from veritas website but that is not clear.

Thanks,
Thomas.
9 REPLIES 9

Stumpr2
Level 6
What documentation did you download?

thomas_Stumpek
Level 3
I have downloaded Lotus domono client installation and configuration system admin guide from Veritas docs.

There are many users in this forum must have configured and using notes agent for veritas, i just need some minimal steps to configure.

I got to configure 3 clients in my environment.

Thanks,
Thomas.

Raghava_Chary
Level 4
Thomas,

The notes client will be installed by default at the client end, I assume you alredy have the license key for notes agent and installed at server end.

Add the notes client to one of your domino policy and schedule it.
In the properties of client settings you will find two paths one is to mention INI path and another for data path where all of your .nsf files stores.

You need to ask your notes administrator for INI and data paths and mention.

Coming to the file list you need to select NOTES_INI_PATH=c:\notes\notes.ini and also select your data path like d:\notes\data.

You need to check for the registry settings for notes agent for netbackup which is mentioned in the sys admin guide for lotus notes agent.

Raghava.

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
That was the theorie like guidebook, but what must we do to get a backup?

Remeber that the notesclient 6.0 Mp2 dont follow the dir-links of notes, remember, that not all notes intallations work with only one database-directory...

I have the same problem.... (W2K-Server SP4 + netbackup enterprise 6.0 MP2) and notes ist licenced...

thomas_Stumpek
Level 3
Raghava,

I tried the above mentioned steps and configured the client it started backing up but partially successful.

Also when entered the INI and DATA path in the client's attributes it has given some error then i have removed that option and tried with normal policy by mentioning INI file in the file list.

It worked, any idea why it is getting partial even though we have notes agent?

Thanks,
Thomas.

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
"Also when entered the INI and DATA path in the client's attributes it has given some error then i have removed that option and tried with normal policy by mentioning INI file in the file list." what do that meens, what do you mean with normal policy?

do you remeber http://support.veritas.com/docs/266169 ?

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
sorry, http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246169.htm

thomas_Stumpek
Level 3
Thanks Stephen,

So you mean to say that it only backs up the .nsf and .ntf files.
So by just taking a backup of .nsf files and names.ini am i completely safe incase of any disaster?

I configured c:\notes\names.ini and d:\notes\data.

Thanks,
Thomas Stumpek.

Raghava_Chary
Level 4
Yes, backing up the data and ini files will be fine ... you should be able to restore incase if you need any database releated data.

Raghava.