cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely accessible BE, NBU Lab sample/demo server instance ?

mohanl
Level 3
Partner

Is it feasible to interact with a BE, NBU Lab sample/demo server instance, to be used to epxlore, answer question and learning ?

tks, rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...get hold of Sun VirtualBox (it's free) if you don't have an existing VM infrastructure. Once done, download BE 2012 from the link below and you can run it for 60 days in trial mode:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=91523

In most cases with BE 2012 trial-mode, you can use virtually all the available agents to test and explore the product!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Well yes, if you have one.

Many people have a 'test lab' where they run various different software, including NBU for test purposes.

Martin

Manjunath_Rajan
Level 4
Certified

From the symantec, no test lab for to test & learning. It is always good practice have test lab setup in our enviornment.

CraigV

...get hold of Sun VirtualBox (it's free) if you don't have an existing VM infrastructure. Once done, download BE 2012 from the link below and you can run it for 60 days in trial mode:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=91523

In most cases with BE 2012 trial-mode, you can use virtually all the available agents to test and explore the product!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SymDemo : Currently available to members of Symantec’s PartnerDemo Pilot, SymDemo, a virtualized, web-based demo and training platform, empowers partners with tools to perform product demos anytime, anywhere with a laptop and Internet connection. SymDemo gives partners remote accessibility by enabling them to give demonstrations without the need for a dedicated VPN connection. 

An year back i was using it... I wasn't very much comfortable as the internet connection i was using is very slow. So, i stopped using it and made a testing lab using Virtual Box in my laptop. I am not very sure, Symdemo is still available or not. 

CraigV

...if you're not sure Symdemo is still available, why punt it?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OP is a partner and if he can get some info/access from his partner account manager about/to symdemo, isn't it helpfull to him?

Because i am not convinced with what i am doing (virtual box or any other) as Remotely anywhere solution. 

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can request access to Symantec Virtual Labs (SVL) here: https://symiqforpartners.com/sites/welcome/_layouts/symiqpartner/requestlogin.aspx

Remember it is limited to Gold, Platinum, or Global Strategic Partners only...

Hope this helps....

mohanl
Level 3
Partner

Done, submitted the request and downloaded BE 2012 and working on the virtualBox .... thanks all so much :)